Safe Home Moving Protocol During COVID-19
Nelson Westerberg has implemented the following safety procedures for all of our home moving crews during the COVID-19 outbreak. We want to guarantees a safe moving experience during this time for all of our clients:
Professional Van Operator Standard Toolkit
- Anti-bacterial hand soap and paper towels
- Hand sanitizer
- Filtration masks
- Industrial glasses (to keep the drivers / crews from touching their eyes)
- Anti-bacterial wipes
- Disposable Nitrile gloves (or similar) for all crew members and/or industrial gloves for moving boxes and furniture.
- Professional disinfectant for the trailer
- No touch temperature gun at each of our agencies to screen office employees and drivers / crews that come to our offices prior to going out to the residences
Best Practices – Every Day
- Sanitize truck cabs at the beginning and end of each day.
- Maintain appropriate social space by reducing crew sizes in cabs.
- Disinfect common touch points for all moving equipment.
- Disinfect mobile devices used for electronic inventorying.
- Avoid physical contact with the customer, use a non-contact greeting.
- Request a bathroom be designated for use by the crew. Remove garbage from the bathroom at the end of the day.
- Practice good hygiene by washing hands regularly, using hand sanitizer, gloves and masks.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Disinfect surfaces such as doorknobs, handrails, elevator buttons and other common touch points prior to starting the move and before leaving residence.
- Limit crew interaction while in the residence and maintain appropriate social distancing.