Sweetser Guest House
The Sweetser House stands out like a miniature oasis of serenity in the middle of one of the Redondo Beach’s busiest areas, on the corner of Pacific Coast Highway and Beryl Street.
The white clapboard Colonial Revival home and surrounding property at 417 Beryl contrasts with the commercial developments and the more typical stucco and cottage-style homes in the surrounding area.
Chase and Lillian Sweetser built the 2,600-square-foot house, designed by architect E.W. Stillwell, in 1921. They had moved to Redondo Beach from the Midwest in 1911, and owned several businesses in the city, including a grocery store.