Providing Safe & Healthy Moving Services During the COVID-19 Outbreak
Nelson Westerberg is committed to protecting the health and safety of our customers, drivers, crews and employees. We continue to closely monitor the developments regarding the COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak and are following the guidance of the World Health Organization, the US Center for Disease Control, and individual State mandates and recommendations.
Nelson Westerberg is aware of the impact this virus may have on moving schedules and we wish to assure our partners that we will do everything possible to limit this disruption. So long as the appropriate health precautions and government mandates are followed, we will continue to offer our customers the necessary flexibility to meet their relocation needs.
Nelson Westerberg has business continuity plans in place and all business operations are fully functional:
- Our office staff is transitioning to working from home, when possible. A majority of our Customer Service, Accounting and Administrative staff are already working from home, and all areas are fully operational.
- Warehouse and some critical operations staff remain on location to assist with dispatching crews and drivers.
- When possible, we are using virtual surveys in place of physical in-home surveys.
- Any driver or crew member symptomatic or with health issues will be asked to stay home, and will not be deployed to transferee residences.
- Drivers and crews are being instructed to follow enhanced hygiene practices by washing hands prior to entering customer’s homes and in between jobs, and wiping down their trucks and equipment with anti-bacteria products before and after services.
- Nelson Westerberg has been asking transferees with upcoming service dates to contact us should they or a family member become ill so that alternative dates may be arranged for moving related services (surveys, packing and loading, third party, delivery).
We will continue to monitor developments closely and will adapt our protocols as necessary to ensure the health and safety of our customers, employees, drivers and crews.