Somerset Hills Golf Course
The club was formed in 1899 for social and recreational purposes. The founders were primarily New York City residents and, thus, the use of “country” in the name of their Club.
The Club was originally situated along the Raritan River, partly in Bernards and partly in Bedminster Township. In 1918, the Club changed locations and the Club was built at its current site. The golf course was designed by A.W Tillinghast and is consistently rated one of the top 100 courses in the country.
For one hundred years, tennis “whites” have graced the grass courts of Somerset Hills. Although Somerset Hills has proudly hosted several national and international events, it has remained, first and foremost, a Club for members and their families.
In a rapidly changing technological world, we hope to pass on to future generations the traditions of simple elegance that are Somerset Hills Country Club.