White Eagle Golf Club
Originally designed by Arnold Palmer Design Group, White Eagle Golf Club is located on approximately 163 acres. There are three nine - hole courses; holes 1 through 9 are referred to as the Red Course and holes 10 through 18 are the White Course. Holes 19 through 27 were developed at a later date and are referred to as the Blue Course.
The first of the three nines to open was the White Course in August 1989. The first few weeks that the club was open, members had to play the White nine twice to get in an 18 - hole round.
The 13th hole, which appears to have the most mature trees today, was the first hole on the golf course to be finished. The 1988 Cavalcade of Homes featured model homes on the 1400 and 1500 block of White Eagle Drive, backing to the 13th hole. So this was finished in the early Spring, several months before the rest of the golf course was open.
Arnold Palmer played a ceremonial first round on August 7, 1989 with then head pro Kent Sirois and several local dignitaries and friends of Harold Moser. During that round, Sirois eagled the par five 15th hole by holing out a wedge. Arnold eagled the 17th hole, after he struggled on the 16th hole.